Friday, June 1, 2007

eBay Find of the Day: Wheat Sheaf Table


In the category of Seventies Rococo decor you probably thought you'd never see again, these gilded wheat sheaf tables seem to be popping up everywhere lately.

(I wish I could put my fingers on the most recent example I spotted -- a spread on some fabulous designer's mindblowing Manhattan pad, no doubt. Was it in Elle Decor? House & Garden? Now I'm going to have to spend all weekend rooting around for it ... )

Anyway -- now you, too, can add a bit of gold-hued glitz to your digs with this wheat sheaf table base from eBay (you supply the glass top). Current bid: $50.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Liked your comment but having lived through the 70s I can tell you that youre off by 10-12 years - these Hollywood Regency style tables were the rage in the late 50s early 60s.

 

©Copyright 2007-2014 More Ways To Waste Time and Leah Hennen. All Rights Reserved.