Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Objects of Lust: George Nelson Bubble Lamps

Every time I see George Nelson's iconic, 1947 Bubble Lamps, I love them more. They're so incredibly simple in form, and yet so beautifully sculptural.

Just one Bubble Lamp in a gorgeous setting is enough to take my breath away -- so the image above completely knocked the wind out of me. It's from the new issue of Domino, featuring clothing designer Lisa Perry's super-colorful and graphic Long Island beach house, where she hung fourteen of Nelson's classic light fixtures in the dining room.

Hey, if I had 18-foot ceilings and $4,300 to buy and install more than a dozen of these babies over my dining table, I'd do it too.

For now, though, I'll just drool over this picture.

(Photo by Douglas Friedman for Domino magazine.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fun, happy room this it.

erinberry said...

I love, love, LOVE Nelson bubble lamps. My favorites are the saucer and cigar.

 

©Copyright 2007-2014 More Ways To Waste Time and Leah Hennen. All Rights Reserved.