Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Etsy Find of the Day: Rock Hairdo Plates

I was just reading Anh-Minh's most recent post on vintage plate displays over on AT:SF, and clicked through to Etsy to take a closer look at the hilarious Seven Deadly Sins plates she featured (Anh-Minh always finds the best stuff ... ).

I loved what I saw, and proceeded to peruse the rest of Etsy seller trixie delicious' (aka Vandalized Vintage out of Auckland, New Zealand) offerings. I soon came upon these "rock star hairdo" plates -- which, it goes without saying -- totally rock.

The images include the iconic coifs of Sid & Nancy (top), the White Stripes (above), bluesy bad-girl Amy Winehouse (directly above), and punkette ensemble the Donnas (below). They're created with heat-fused, food-safe ceramic paint on funky vintage plates, and wall hangers are included.

I think I must have them.

The plates are $30 to $40 right here. (And while you're there, don't miss trixie delicious' equally fantastic "Bad MF" plate set and "Wanker" platter; too bad she seems to be out of those awesome "Slut" teapots ... )

2 comments:

72 and sunny said...

sha!

i must have these too. who doesn't need a slutty little tea-pot or a bad mofo plate set.

killing-- me with the ribald humor here.

girl meets glamour said...

Ha...ha...I second Megan's comment! I'd love a plate that features high fashion mullets :)

~Kate

 

©Copyright 2007-2014 More Ways To Waste Time and Leah Hennen. All Rights Reserved.