Friday, October 26, 2007

eBay Find of the Day: Silk Ikat

Straight outta Uzbekistan.

I think I'd use this 10-foot by 17-inch length of vibrant silk-cotton Ikat fabric as a table runner. But it would also look awesome turned into throw pillow covers, tucked vertically into a solid-colored couch or chair to provide a contrasting stripe against the upholstery, or hung on a glass-paneled door.

What would you use it for?

You can "Buy it Now" for $23, plus $17 shipping from Bukhara. And don't miss the other gorgeous and really reasonably priced Uzbek goods (including some great Suzanis) from the seller, Antiquarian Textiles.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, thanks for showing me that. I'm in love with the Suzanis. Just have to figure out what I want to do with them...

 

©Copyright 2007-2014 More Ways To Waste Time and Leah Hennen. All Rights Reserved.