Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Cool Stuff: Mokusei Light

I oohed and aahed over this pendant light when I saw it at Berkeley's Vessel recently.

(Though the proprietor looked at me like I was some kinda craaazay when I mentioned that it sort of reminded me of IKEA's Knappa Klover pendant, above -- only, you know, way more beautiful. I'm not crazy, though, am I?)

The Mokusei (Japanese for "Jupiter," presumably because of its celestial appearance) comes in a flat-pack (hey -- kind of like the IKEA pendant!) of 20 triangular pieces of cherry veneer, which you fit together like a 3D puzzle. Use all 20 pieces to form the spherical shape shown above, or 10 pieces each to make two of the smaller configurations pictured below.

Available for $225 from Tortoise. (The cord and light socket themselves are not included, but you can pick them up at any good hardware store.)


Sarah McColl said...

you are so not crazy. they seem exactly the same to me, too.

MaeEast said...

no, you are definitely the sane one


©Copyright 2007-2014 More Ways To Waste Time and Leah Hennen. All Rights Reserved.