Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Cool Stuff: Mokusei Light

I oohed and aahed over this pendant light when I saw it at Berkeley's Vessel recently.

(Though the proprietor looked at me like I was some kinda craaazay when I mentioned that it sort of reminded me of IKEA's Knappa Klover pendant, above -- only, you know, way more beautiful. I'm not crazy, though, am I?)

The Mokusei (Japanese for "Jupiter," presumably because of its celestial appearance) comes in a flat-pack (hey -- kind of like the IKEA pendant!) of 20 triangular pieces of cherry veneer, which you fit together like a 3D puzzle. Use all 20 pieces to form the spherical shape shown above, or 10 pieces each to make two of the smaller configurations pictured below.

Available for $225 from Tortoise. (The cord and light socket themselves are not included, but you can pick them up at any good hardware store.)

2 comments:

Pink of Perfection said...

you are so not crazy. they seem exactly the same to me, too.

Anonymous said...

no, you are definitely the sane one

 

©Copyright 2007-2014 More Ways To Waste Time and Leah Hennen. All Rights Reserved.