Monday, July 23, 2007

That’s Random: 8 Random Facts About Me

So I’ve been tagged by A 10,000 Wedding, and have to share eight facts about myself.

Here goes:

1. I am deathly afraid of snails. Slugs are even worse, as far as I’m concerned. I would honestly rather ram a red-hot poker through my own eye socket than even think about the slimy gastropods.

2. I met my husband, Nick, at a record store -- the late, great Tower Records at Bay and Columbus in San Francisco, where we both worked at the time. I thought it was a summer fling. And here we are, 18 years (gulp) and two kids later.

3. Our pretend family band is named Colostomy Bag Lunch.

4. I’ve lived in three of the world’s greatest cities -- San Francisco, London, and New York -- but love my current home, Oakland, best of all.

5. I got my nose pierced once, but took it out after a few days because I felt like a poseur.

6. I win things -- I’ve won free round-trip flights to Europe (more than once), a computer, and even a car (a 1961 Ford Galaxie). Sadly, my luck dried up about 10 years ago and I haven’t won a thing since.

7. My daughter was born at home -- by accident.

8. I like mayonnaise on French fries. There, I said it.

I am now tagging:

* Anh-Minh
* BeachBungalow8
* Casacaudill
* Catherine Newman
* Girl Meets Glamour
* Katiedid
* Printer & Piemaker
* Ramona Gonzales

4 comments:

katiedid said...

Hi Leah-
Thanks for thinking of me. I was also tagged by Toast and Tables. So I can cover both at once!

Anonymous said...

Hi-And I thought you took it out because I asked you to! Mom

Leah said...

Mom, you *know* I never do anything you ask me to ...

Leah

girl meets glamour said...

Leah, I knew you were a bit of a rocker! I had a good laugh over the family band name :) Thanks for the tag!!!

~Kate

 

©Copyright 2007-2014 More Ways To Waste Time and Leah Hennen. All Rights Reserved.