Monday, July 30, 2007

Etsy Find of the Day: Elsa Mora Prints

I don't normally care much for illustrations that look like they'd be at home in a children's book. (Truth be told, I find the trend toward twee on Etsy a bit distressing.) But Elsa Mora's prints -- while having an undeniable innocence and simplicity to them -- also possess a slightly odd, disconcerting quality that gives them an edge I find appealing.

Born and raised in Cuba, Mora is now a multidisciplinary artist based in Los Angeles. Her illustrations are created with pen and ink and then digitally colored, lending their delicate forms an incredible vibrancy. The compositions themselves are graphic, the subjects dreamlike, and the overall effect intriguing.

A few of my favorites: Garden (top); And Now (second from top)

Zen Girl

Just Be

The Staircase

Insomnia

You can find Mora's prints for just $20 each right here.

1 comment:

New York Muhtari said...

I just bought my first print from her... hopefully i will order more... I cannot wait to frame it.

Thanks for sending the link.

 

©Copyright 2007-2014 More Ways To Waste Time and Leah Hennen. All Rights Reserved.