Thursday, July 5, 2007

Cool Stuff: Moroccan Table at Target

I just saw via Another Shade of Grey that Target is rolling out a huge new collection of Moroccan-style furnishings and accessories, so I clicked on over to the Tar-jay site to check it out.

The look they're featuring is a little dark and heavy (and, let's be honest, a bit "hippie") for my current mood. But I did spot this cute octagonal table for just $40.

I've been looking for one for awhile, with the idea that I'd spray-paint the whole thing in high-gloss white, hot pink, lime green, or some other shocking shade (maybe Maryam of My Marrakesh's "Majorelle Blue"?) -- a la the Garnet Hill tables, below -- to highlight the table's great detail and to give the piece a bit of mod-glam style. But I've hesitated up until now to "deface" a true Moroccan table in this way, or to part with $128 for Garnet Hill's cheerful version.

But for $40 and a can of spray paint? I'm all over it.

You can find the Target table here, and the complete line of Target's new "Moroccan Mod" offerings here.

7 comments:

katiedid said...

I am all over this idea! Thanks for the info!

Another Shade of Grey said...

That's a great idea Leah. I didn't care for the table as is, but painted a bright color, it's awesome. Thanks. :)

Anonymous said...

Be sure to prime it first, or the paint won't stick to the finish that's already on the wood.

pt

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

Brilliant idea! Oh yes, do buy two and paint them immediately!

girl meets glamour said...

I agree Brilliant idea!!! I'll have to check my local Tar-jay, cause this is perfect for my spare bedroom :)

Unknown said...

What fun little table. They would be great grouped together as in the last photo for a coffee table.

melissa said...

would make a great phone stand! i love it. mmm...Target.

 

©Copyright 2007-2014 More Ways To Waste Time and Leah Hennen. All Rights Reserved.