Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Cool Stuff: Team Zoila!

Did any of you guys watch Flipping Out this season?

Remember that portrait the lovable (if slightly sadistic) hot mess Jeff Lewis commissioned of his feisty Nicaraguan housekeeper, Zoila -- without telling the artist that the portrait in question was a gift for the person she was painting? And that he then gave to poor Zoila in lieu of the one measly weekend off that she requested for her birthday?

The resulting portrait -- while kinda cool in an arty sort of way -- was unflattering in the extreme, and Zoila was understandably hurt. Umm, nice move there, Jeff.

Anyway, Bravo has decided to auction off the offending painting, with the proceeds earmarked for Miss Zoila's own bad self. (That's Zoila busting a move with my other Flipping Out favorite, executive assistant Jenni Pulos, swiped off of Jenni's Facebook -- because, yes, I am Facebook friends with the divine Ms. Pulos. Well, me and 913 other people. Is that cool or sad and pathetic? I can't decide.)

The auction started a little while ago with an opening bid of $500, and is already up to $2,550. Bidding ends on Tuesday, August 19.

So what are you waiting for? C'mon -- don't just do it for Zoila. Do it for put-upon reality TV minions everywhere.

(Via Scented Glossy Magazines -- which, by the way, just published a kickass interview with way-too-good-for-that-job former Jeff Lewis houseboy Chris Keslar.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man, I didn't watch the whole season, but I did see that episode. I really liked the portrait, but definitely not as a gift for poor Zoila. It sure did make for great reality tv, though. And at least she's getting something *useful* out of it.

Anonymous said...

This is my first time ever hearing of this show. I'll have to check it out. Re: Jenni Pulos FB "friendship," I can relate. I'm buds with Najwa Moses... because I bought a pair of her earrings. *sigh*

SGM said...

It's COOL!

Are you the high bidder? ;)

Leah said...

SGM -- that's just a little out of my price range.

 

©Copyright 2007-2014 More Ways To Waste Time and Leah Hennen. All Rights Reserved.