Tuesday, May 20, 2008

That's Random: Look What Leslie Made

OMG, people, I am so over the whole "Keep Calm and Carry On" thing.

It was vaguely charming at first, but that poster has become so ubiquitous -- like the pink "For, Like, Ever" prints that suddenly seemed to pop up everywhere -- that it's become a cliché. (Please don't hate me if you have one hanging on your wall. To each her own -- and if it makes you smile when you see it, then, well, carry on.)

So when I was scrolling through my daily blog reads just now and saw this on one of my new faves, Reclaiming Miss Havisham (authored by the refreshingly snarky and occasionally acid-tongued young Miss Leslie King, who tends to like things darker and weirder and isn't afraid to thumb her nose at prevailing decorating trends), I spewed the coffee I was drinking all over my computer screen.

Right on, sister. Because sometimes, y'know, you just feel like a smartass bitch -- and during those times, Reclaiming Miss Havisham is the design blog for you.

P.S. Leslie, where can I get mine?

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow I can't believe I have my own tag! I feel like I should call my mom or something. See now everything I say makes me sound like a total smartass. Thanks for the nice mention!

By the way, who would I even call about getting the rights to make such a poster for real? The Queen? The Prime Minister?

Anonymous said...

Go for it Leslie. How I don't know. But you can print it on T-shit at Cafe Press and I'll wear one.

kelly said...

The chain of coffee-spewing just continued! I did the same thing when I saw this post.

Most excellent work, Leslie.

casacaudill said...

you've read my blog - you know i lack a certain sense of zen. the keep calm poster makes me mad. this one, however, is right on the money. ballistic, indeed.

dee said...

OMG...LOVE THIS! Just amazing.

Now I think Leslie needs to deconstruct the other ubiquitous poster "For Like Ever."

dee said...

Oh my gosh...I was so enamored with the poster that I didn't actually read your full post until after I'd commented. You are SO on the money with the For, Like, Ever cliche! Oh this is gooooood!!

Hillary said...

Loving it! This is going on my office wall. Where do I get one?

coolhntr said...

You just cracked me up!! Well done. I think everyone should have both posters on their wall!

Anonymous said...

I love this! I want one!!
(You can check www.uspto.gov for trademark/copyright rights (sorry if I'm telling you what you already know).

Pigtown*Design said...

Anon 9:36, the original poster was from WWII and was found in a loft in some small village bookstore in the UK. I think that if there were any trademarks, they're no longer applicable, and certainly not enforceable by the US govt.

Anonymous said...

Ha! Funny. I think this would qualify as satire and therefore you could feel free to use it...I think, anyway!

katiedid said...

Too funny! And Miss Havishham is turning up everywhere these days! Thank God.

cassandra said...

ah ha ha ha ha!!! i was going to make one a while ago that said, "freak out and give up..."

http://cocokelley.blogspot.com/2007/09/keep-calm-or-not.html

this one is even better! leave it to leslie...

Anonymous said...

Good Job! :)

 

©Copyright 2007-2014 More Ways To Waste Time and Leah Hennen. All Rights Reserved.