Tuesday, May 27, 2008

eBay Find of the Day: Vintage Fishing Floats

I love how a group of vintage glass fishing floats looks in a low, wide bowl -- so casual and beachy and summery. I love them even more in a tall glass canister set on a windowsill, with the sun seeming to illuminate them from within.

This set of 11 small handblown floats, beachcombed from the Japanese shore, will get your collection off to a very nice start indeed.

Current bid: $10 (Note: This auction ended in May, 2008. You can find similar vintage floats on eBay right here.)

4 comments:

JanelleGrace said...

I love these. When I was seven, I wrote a letter, I put it in a soda bottle, and threw it off into a river near my house.

When I was fifteen, I was received a package from someone in Canada saying they found my letter on the beach and they also found a glass float, which they included. It sits on my bookshelf.

I wish I had dated the letter so the person could have known how long it took.

Leah said...

What an incredible story, janellegrace!

{this is glamorous} said...

These are beautiful. Can definitely see them in an oversized, low wooden bowl. And loved janellegrace's story--how wonderful.

Jess said...

These are great! I will have to get some of these for my home-- thanks for the tip!

 

©Copyright 2007-2014 More Ways To Waste Time and Leah Hennen. All Rights Reserved.