Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Shameless Plug: My "Coffee Table Tips" Piece on HGTV

How long has that group of tired tchotchkes been gathering dust on your coffee table, so familiar to you that you barely even notice them anymore? Or maybe your table has the opposite problem: Used as a repository for nothing more than the TV listings, the remote control, and the odd coaster or two, it’s not exactly adding to the aesthetic appeal of the room.

Time to try something new and put your coffee table to work showcasing treasures that will surprise and delight you and your visitors every time you see them.

Not sure where to start? Click here to read my HGTV article and to get expert tips on "tablescaping."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is one wonderful post after another.

Anonymous said...

That's it. I'm linking you!

Unknown said...

Did you see the post Joni of Cote de Texas did about her family room? She has a large bowl of loose family photographs on her coffee table that people can dig through. She says it's always the hit of the party.
Jackie

freefalling said...

Perfect timing!
I've been pondering over the last couple of days what to put on the coffee table on the country house we rent out to holiday makers.
Usually, I would use some sort of plant but it probably wouldn't be able to be watered regularly, plus there has to be enough space for it to be utilitarian without things going flying off and getting broken, plus the house is done in a kinda simple decorating style - I'm really liking the tray idea. So thanks for the link - it was just what I needed!


My favourite though, was the three orange tables - fabulous!

Brandi Hussey said...

What a fantastic idea! I always like dressing up my tv console table (since that's what people see since they look at the tv most), but why not bring this a little closer? Love it, must try some of your ideas.

 

©Copyright 2007-2014 More Ways To Waste Time and Leah Hennen. All Rights Reserved.