Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Cool Stuff: Danish Bohemia

When Nick, the kids, and I were visiting my amazingly creative friend Catherine and her family in Western Massachusetts last Autumn, Catherine was in the midst of making a felted wool blanket out of Salvation Army sweaters. It sounds kind of weird, but the fuzzy squares that resulted from her throwing the wool sweaters in the washer and dryer were sinfully yummy and soft to the touch -- and I so coveted the blanket that Catherine was assembling from them.

So as Fall starts to fall around here, I'm determined to have a felted wool blanket of my own to snuggle up under. Since I don't have a crafty bone in my entire body and don't even own a sewing machine, I'm resigned to buying rather than making one. Anyway, as I surfed around on the hunt this evening I stumbled upon Danish Bohemia.

The online arm of the St. Paul, Minnesota boutique features some really lovely Danish designs from the likes of En Gry og Sif, Mulle Moth, and Knud Hoi -- including, yes, felted wool (like the blankets above, $159 each).

A few of my favorites:
Embroidered Floor Cushions, $114 each

Lime Basket with Flowers, $55

Felt Bird on a Stick, $20

Round Basket with Pom-Poms, $75

Turquoise Cushion Cover with Flowers, $65

Multi Color Cushion Covers, $55 each

Big Flowers Floor Cushion, $75

Floor Cushions with Diamonds, $75 each

Check out the entire Danish Bohemia selection right here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I finally got around to adding your blog to my list of favorites!

Thank you for the inspiration.

Anonymous said...

If you like felt, you'll love this site; www.cloud9cases.com. They sell seamless holders for just about anything, all handmade in Mongolia, of all places. worth a look!

 

©Copyright 2007-2014 More Ways To Waste Time and Leah Hennen. All Rights Reserved.