Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Artful Home: Ann Tarantino Prints at 20x200

I haven't written about 20x200's weekly print releases in awhile, because lately it seems like they've been selling out faster than I can get a post up -- so I'm going to make this quick.

Today's release consists of two beautiful new prints from Pennsylvania artist Ann Tarantino, who creates them in part by blowing paint through a straw. Top: Far and Wide

Flying Colors

Taratino says of these pieces: "Much of my recent work is influenced by memories of moving through water as a competitive swimmer. The connection between the practice of art-making and the discipline, stamina, and repetition required to perform athletically is referred to in my use of my breath as a mark-making tool in my paintings and drawings.

These pieces also reflect the way the body experiences a place and moves throughout the world, processing all of its competing stimuli, its joys and frustrations. In them, there exist echoes of recent travels -- literal and figurative, real and imagined, near and far -- from an island in Brazil to a hill town in Umbria, from a Japanese moss garden to my backyard in Pennsylvania. In the threads of blown ink, I see ancient streets, unknown languages, maps of lost worlds, places I have been and places I wish to go."

As with all 20x200 releases, 8.5-by-11-inch prints are $20, 22-by-17-inch prints are $200, and 40-by-30-inch prints are $2,000.

Grab 'em before they're gone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I really like these. I'm probably going to be purchasing a few prints for my SO for xmas...thanks for reminding me about 20x200. I'll have to start stalking their site more often.

 

©Copyright 2007-2014 More Ways To Waste Time and Leah Hennen. All Rights Reserved.