Friday, February 8, 2008

Cool Stuff: Minimal Lamp

These handmade pendant lights from Burlington, Vermont industrial designer Jed Crystal are made from cloth-covered electrical cord that serves two functions: It powers the bulb and has been crocheted into a delicate, web-like shade possessing a grace that belies its utilitarian origins.

The pendants, stunning when hung as a group, are available in five colors. The cords can be tied and intertwined to suspend the bulbs at different heights and to create a colorful sculptural display of their own.

Crystal's Minimal Lamps are $240 each right here.

(P.S. I wonder what it says about me that I can't quite fathom spending $200-plus on a ceramic bowl -- gorgeous as it may be -- but I would totally drop that on a lightbulb suspended from an electrical cord ... )

2 comments:

girl meets glamour said...

These are a riot, I love them!!! Great find Leah and Happy Weekend!

~Kate

Denise Kiggan said...

I love these Light Shades! What a colourful and innovative form of lighting!

 

©Copyright 2007-2014 More Ways To Waste Time and Leah Hennen. All Rights Reserved.