Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Trendspotting: Milk Bottle Lights

After writing not too long ago about the salvage lighting sculptures of Philadelphia's Warren Muller -- including the Moxie light, above -- I'm seeing milk bottle fixtures all over the place.

Droog Milk Bottle Lamp, $1,400 at Greener Grass Design

Leitmotiv Milkbottle Chandelier, $295 at Dutch by Design

If those are a little out of your price range, you can get tips on building the homemade version above from Make, or below from Alexander Reh.

The Milkit Lamp Kit, 10 pounds sterling (about $20) from Bouf, includes everything you need (except the bottles themselves) to turn milk cartons into a table or hanging lamp.

4 comments:

Sam Suttie said...

The milk bottle,in South Africa we don't get glass milk bottles anymore, just nasty plastic bottles that fill dumpsites...:( If I did get them I would try the grouped bottle image I think thats the most stylish! Maybe coke bottles???

Blue Yonder said...

Super cool!

We Are Not Martha said...

Oooh SO cool! I want one of these in my kitchen.

Anonymous said...

I love this so much! - Mary T.

 

©Copyright 2007-2014 More Ways To Waste Time and Leah Hennen. All Rights Reserved.