Friday, November 16, 2007

Cool Stuff: Plush Bird and Branch

I finally had a chance yesterday to stop in and check out San Francisco's new Rare Device shop, which is full of loveliness. The product that really caught my attention, though, was this sweet bird-and-branch combo from Brooklyn's Itchyknee.

It's actually a cat toy -- the handstitched bird is stuffed with catnip, and when the avian plushie isn't being mauled by your favorite feline, it perches on a hand-forged pewter twig that screws directly into the wall.

Don't get me wrong, I love our two cats. But the metal twigs are so pretty I'd almost hate to install them at shin level. Instead, I'd mount a couple in an entryway to hold scarves, hats, or other lightweight items -- and to simply perch prettily when they're not being employed for practical purposes.

Bird-plus-branch combos are $28 each, or $16 for the bird or branch alone, and are available through the Rare Device and Itchyknee websites. (Though if you're in the Bay Area, be sure to check out these and all the other lovelies in person at the Rare Device shop.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of using the branches to hold scarves or hats. I haven't been to that shop yet, but I will definitely be checking it out.

 

©Copyright 2007-2014 More Ways To Waste Time and Leah Hennen. All Rights Reserved.