Thursday, April 30, 2009

Mark Your Calendar: Modern Economy Sale

If I can manage to sneak away from my coughing, sniffling, feverish, germ-ridden family (no, it's not Swine Flu -- at least I don't think it is) for a couple of hours on Saturday, I am so hitting the Modern Economy Sale in San Francisco.

Meg Mateo Ilasco's annual event features first- and (almost imperceptibly) second-quality bargains from dozens of cool independent artisans and housewares designers. So if you're in the area, stop by and snap up some lovely ceramics, textiles, potted plants and terrariums, and other modern home accents at up to 80 percent off retail.

Participants include:

Cursive Design

Emma Gardner Design

Ferm Living

Henry Road

Jean Pelle

Jefdesigns

Paige Russell

Papaver Vert

Perch!

Rae Dunn

Soft Goods

Tikoli

Xenia Taler

... and many more.

The sale takes place this Saturday, May 2, from 10:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Fort Mason Building A Conference Center. (In my experience, the place gets picked clean fast, so plan to arrive early for the best selection.)

More info here. My blog buddy Anh-Minh Le also had a great article about Modern Economy -- as well as how the modern economy itself is affecting local artisans -- in yesterday's San Francisco Chronicle; read it here.

2 comments:

jennifer in sf said...

I'm so going. I'm already looking forward to my Greens pastry beforehand!

loving. living. small. said...

I just love those paper vert felt vases. Thanks for the heads up on the sale!

 

©Copyright 2007-2014 More Ways To Waste Time and Leah Hennen. All Rights Reserved.