Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Cool Stuff: Modern Art Magnets

If owning an Amy Ruppel or Trish Grantham original is a bit outside your budget right now, take heart -- at least your fridge can have a great art collection.

iPop Clicks is a collection of "curiously strong" magnets featuring the work of a variety of artists, including Portland art darlings Ruppel and Grantham, as well as more than a dozen others.

The 2-inch Big Clicks, such as Ruppel's Bird on Green, top, are $6.50 apiece, while smaller Clicks are $9.50 to $11.50 a set.

Amy Ruppel's Love Birds, Bird Watch, Pretty Bird, and Owls

Trish Grantham's Girl, Floral, Lost, and Fridge Friends

I really like this set from Seattle illustrator Fumi Watanabe, too.

See more of the iPop Clicks collection at Parkside Papers.

(P.S. I saw awhile back that Ruppel and Grantham's fellow Portlander Evan B. Harris, whose work I recently featured here, has a Clicks set of his own. If anyone's spotted Harris's magnets for sale, please drop me a line and let me know where you saw them.)

3 comments:

Kelly said...

that first set of magnets is my absolute favorite - and my fridge doesn't seem worthy enough of them!

Anonymous said...

To me the second set is the killer. Thank you for finding this.

Cakespy said...

I know you wrote this a long time ago but I was super psyched to find it because I used to be the art director for this company (iPop) before I started my own business, and I was the one who contracted all of the above artists!! I just had to say it made my day to find your feature on it. :-)

 

©Copyright 2007-2014 More Ways To Waste Time and Leah Hennen. All Rights Reserved.