Monday, February 2, 2009

Cool Stuff: Pictures from the Point

For one reason or another, we've missed the Alameda Point Antiques and Collectibles Faire for the last few months. But Nick and I were determined to get there yesterday, and it was wonderful to be back. The weather was gorgeous, the people-watching excellent, and the offerings enticing. I was especially drawn to the wealth of vintage-industrial wares at the Faire this month. Oh, to live in a loft!

(I wasn't the only local blogger snapping shots at the flea market, of course. It's fascinating how different people can experience the same thing in such varied ways, isn't it? Hannah, for one, focused on whimsical vintage ephemera. I have a feeling Victoria was there, too, and will soon be posting her own snaps. I wonder what drew her eye?)

Here's what caught mine:

All that great stuff, and what did we bring home? Four vintage melamine plates for $4. Like most everyone else, we're trying to curtail our spending as much as possible right now. Sigh.

(P.S. My previous trips to the Point are documented here and here.)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the great pics. i always thought that there would be nothing more than nick-nacks and overpriced clutter for some reason.

Ana Herda said...

Last year during the superbowl there were barely any sellers and admission was free, so this year we skipped.

I'm wishing I hadn't, oh well, there's always next month.

Kierstin Bridger said...

Oh wow! that furniture was great!! The table with the stacked stools on top- delish!
Also the odd lampshades and mirrored desk...love love love the stainless steel cabinets....oh how I miss going to these things!
Thanks to you I experienced them without having to open my wallet!

Nicholas said...

I am in love with the fold-up military issue desk. There was one on Etsy for the longest time but I couldn't justify the $700 price tag. I will own one someday...

I am also overly entertained by "fanneto" being verification word.

Tori C. said...

I love the old bottles!

chateaudelu said...

Jealous! That kicks the crap out of our Pasadena Flea Market. The least you could do is talk about how unaffordable everything is or something, not fair!

Leah said...

Lucinda,

It's true -- I've scored some amazing deals at Alameda (like my $10 aqua bauhaus desk lamp, which I think is actually worth a couple hundred), but prices for a lot of the really drool-worthy furniture are not for the faint of heart.

I usually go for ideas and inspiration, then hit eBay to look for better deals the minute I get home! ;-)

cotedetexas said...

ok, I want those globes and that clock! and the sofas!!!!

thanks!

Anonymous said...

I will take: pretty much all of it. You have great taste! I especially need the vintage metal cabinets, which I would use as end tables. Le swoon!

Can't believe I lived in the bay area for 3 years and never went to the flea market. Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb.

pigeon.toed said...

those are some amazing finds. i love flea markets

Jennifer said...

Great photos of some fun stuff, but my favorite has to be the two lamps behind the table with a bowl on it (4th photo). I can't stop seeing it as a friendly muppet-like face!

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm sobbing with envy since we have NOTHING like this Seattle (I've probably said that EVERY time you post but it's worth bitching over endlessly). Hope you got some good stuff.

me melodia said...

that chrome desk and stool are drool worthy.

 

©Copyright 2007-2014 More Ways To Waste Time and Leah Hennen. All Rights Reserved.