Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Cool Stuff: Monaluna Fabrics for Robert Kaufman

Score one for the home team! A big congrats to Oakland designer Jennifer Moore, who recently come out with a fun new line of cotton fabrics called Monaluna for textile company Robert Kaufman.

These pretty, colorful patterns are making me itch to get going on some simple spring sewing projects: Whipping up a few cheerful cushion covers and stitching fabric cosies to hide the sewing machine and the TV when they're not in use. I might even attempt to add some contrasting bands of fabric to the bottom of a plain set of curtains.

One thing that's especially nice about the new Monaluna site is that Moore has put together trios of fabrics that work well together, so mixing and matching isn't such a guessing game. She's also provided step-by-step instructions for a few of the sewing projects pictured on the site, such as the quilted pillow above.

Some of my favorite combos:

Mingle

Metro Market

About Town

Check out the entire Monaluna collection right here -- and see a list of online merchants who stock the fabrics here.

9 comments:

Live a Colorful Life said...

I got the "beaded curtain" fabric in black and white from the mingle line by Jennifer Moore. Making curtains that will look fab in my newly painted apple green office.

Also, the pillow is so very cool with the three fabrics. Love it!

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

So pretty. I love learning about new fabric designers. My only wish is that I new how to sew. I swear my home is filled with fabric that I can't part with, but I have no clue what to do with it.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the intro to this talented new designer...I am a designer as well and will definitely purchase these fabrics for my clients -- and personal projects too! Keep the inspiration coming monaluna!

Toujours Dimanche said...

didi ever mentionned taht your blog really makes me waste time? and that i really love that name?

Anonymous said...

This is a pretty collection. That is great how they set up the coordinating swatches. Very helpful--especially when buying online!

drollgirl said...

these combos are WONDERFUL!!!!

Anonymous said...

OH my gosh I love them, though I'm feeling a bit uneasy about making the chickens look at the egg beaters. That seems wrong. Cute, but wrong.

Laurel said...

Thanks so so much for introducing this designer!! I LOVE the fabrics and the trio idea is fab! I love those chickies!!!

Christina said...

good find, these patterns would add instant life to any space!

 

©Copyright 2007-2014 More Ways To Waste Time and Leah Hennen. All Rights Reserved.