Thursday, June 25, 2009

Retail Therapy: L.A.'s Voila!

I first became acquainted with Los Angeles shop Voila! when I visited their booth at the last SF20 show. It was filled with gorgeously repurposed vintage industrial furnishings and darkly glamorous objets, and it was pretty much love at first sight.

I was excited to visit the Voila! showroom on North La Brea during our last trip to Southern California, but alas, it was closed the day we stopped by.

These new photos of the shop, shot by Sam Frost for a recent feature on 1stdibs, make me more determined than ever to get there.

I'm absolutely mesmerized by store owner Katrien Van der Schueren's inspired mix of dark, weird, and wonderful Belgian antiques and curiosities. And though I'm positive that everything here is way out of my price range, I could definitely kill an hour or two furtively fondling it all -- not to mention taking inspiration for future eBay scouting missions.

Read the 1stdibs article on Voila! here -- and browse the shop's online offerings here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

the vibe is very similar to obsolete, long a fixture of venice/santa monica, and now in sf as well.

lolly-jolly said...

wow amazing photos. such a good atmosphere.love it love it

Unknown said...

Holy moly. I think I'm in love!

erin@designcrisis said...

I want every single thing in that shop!

 

©Copyright 2007-2014 More Ways To Waste Time and Leah Hennen. All Rights Reserved.