Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Cool Stuff: Aida Dirse Ceramic Bowls

So yesterday was my birthday. (And no, I'm not going to tell you which one. OK, fine: 29. ;-)

I told my mother not to get me anything, because she was taking us all out to a nice dinner (here, for any of you locals reading). She's an inveterate shopper, though, and I secretly knew there was really no stopping her. But what kills me is that she drove an hour into San Francisco to go to a little shop I'd once mentioned in passing that I liked, and picked up something there that I'd been pining over for months but probably never would have splurged on for myself.

This petite bowl, hand-built in Lithuania by ceramic artist Aida Dirse, is just exquisite. I adore its texture and imperfection and its cheerful pattern. But most of all, I love that it's now mine. Thank you, Mom!

(If you're tempted to get one of your own, they're $72 to $87 from Rare Device.)

5 comments:

Tiffany S. said...

Awwwww - what a great mom! Happy *cough* 29th birthday!

the sassy kathy said...

ohh what pretty pretty bowls! love that picture showing all of the colorful insides...

corine said...

The bowls are wonderful. Which one did you get. Not all of them I wonder?

Happy twenty ninth for ever!

C. said...

Your mom is so cool for actually knowing what you would like! I love these bowls!!

Freshly Found said...

Belated Happy 29th!!!!

 

©Copyright 2007-2014 More Ways To Waste Time and Leah Hennen. All Rights Reserved.