Thursday, April 17, 2008

Etsy Find of the Day: The Tree Sisters


OK, enough with the shiny happy pastels for today -- bring on the dark and deliciously twisted.

This new series of mixed-media collages called The Tree Sisters, from Illinois artist Sarah Ogren, makes me shudder in the most exquisite way. (Honestly, I would fill my house with this stuff, but I think it would scare the children.)

The original assemblages were created from vintage book pages, antique photos and other found images, and Ogren's own drawings on 5-by-7-inch antiqued wood plaques. Each is signed, dated, and ready to hang. Just $28 apiece, people.

Check 'em out right here -- and don't miss Ogren's other delightfully strange Etsy offerings.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Sarah Ogren's etsy shop! It was one of the first I loved on etsy. Yay for weirdness

littlebyrd said...

These are great! I have been searching for a birthday gift for a friend and I think the search is over.

 

©Copyright 2007-2014 More Ways To Waste Time and Leah Hennen. All Rights Reserved.