Monday, April 14, 2008

Etsy Find of the Day: Handmade Wilderness Project

These resin-and-paper trophy deer heads from Etsy seller Ruby's Lounge take the current craze for taxidermy and deer iconography to a surreal level. I love their colorfulness and humor -- and, of course, the fact that no actual deer was harmed in their creation.

Wilderness Project 4

Wilderness Project 11

Wilderness Project 6

Wilderness Project 9

Wilderness Project 5

Wilderness Project 2

Each made-to-order piece is generously sized at about 18 by 18 by 14 inches, and comes with a keyhole hanger on the back for easy mounting. They're $225 apiece in the Ruby's Lounge Etsy shop.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

EEEE GAD!!! Really???

Ann said...

Lovely prints.

Unusual...but lovely just the same.

Kate said...

I like those! I'm actually really surprised that I do. Of course I can't think of where I'd put one....

Pigtown*Design said...

these scare me!

Marnie said...

hysterical - just sent link to my sister who has real buckheads in her lodge - this is much more fun

 

©Copyright 2007-2014 More Ways To Waste Time and Leah Hennen. All Rights Reserved.