Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Objects of Lust: Zaishu Tables

I appreciate furniture that can serve more than one purpose -- in this case, as a seat or side table -- and I love the pretty patterns on these clever, flat-packed Zaishu tables.

Produced in Australia from native plantation pine, each Zaishu is hand-painted or -printed using water-based inks and varnish.


The Antique Kimono Zaishu above features patterns from 16th century Japan, while the Japanese Koi pattern below symbolizes love and friendship.

They're 269 euros (about $378) each from Le Souk.

6 comments:

kelly said...

Wow. These are gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Me like, too!

Anonymous said...

These are so great!

We had a printer do a presentation the other day showing how they can flat print directly on a thick recycled cardboard that could be used to build similar items at (probably) a lower cost. I think we should see some cool new things coming down the pike with all the advantages of such a printing process.

Anairam said...

Gorgeous! I especially like the Kimono prints. But a bit pricey for my pocket, unfortunately!

Anonymous said...

I've seen these before and I want one soooooo bad!

Suburban Pioneer said...

I bought a "cloth" zaishu over a year ago and have been very happy with it. I know it's like getting a matching brooch and earrings set, but I had pillows made by the same artist who designed that particular zaishu. (clothfabric.com) They were a delight to deal with and I enjoyed my internet decorating experience.

 

©Copyright 2007-2014 More Ways To Waste Time and Leah Hennen. All Rights Reserved.