Friday, March 14, 2008

That's Random: The Cat Castle

Now, before you go and accuse me of being coldhearted or immune to the charms of our fine furry companions, know this: I adore my two cats, I honestly do.

But if you're even a little bit tempted to put this $445, 6.5-foot-squared monstrosity in your home, I think maybe you have a small cat problem.

It's a slippery slope, my friend. Today, you kindheartedly purchase the Cat Castle for the enjoyment of your beloved furkids -- maybe getting rid of some piece of extraneous furniture like the couch or your bed to make room for it. Next year, the neighbors are twittering about you while rolling their eyes and whispering "crazy cat lady" to each other. And in a decade or so, an anonymous call to the Humane Society leads to a citation for keeping 156 felines in a urine-soaked hovel and a plea-bargain agreement involving mandatory psychological counseling.

So just don't, OK?

P.S. Here's a photo illustration from my brother- and sister-in-law, to whom this post was not so subtly aimed (and yes, they're the same ones who recently shared on this very blog the Photoshopped silhouette portraits featuring their four rescued felines). It shows how the Cat Castle might look in their little Silver Lake bungalow, and was accompanied by this note:

"Thanks ever so for steering us to the Cat Castle. Don't know how we ever got along without it! Besides, who needs access to the front door? It's fun climbing in and out through the window."

Very funny guys -- but I wouldn't put it past you.

3 comments:

Mandy Lou said...

I'm not even sure I've got a room big enough for it. But you have to admit, design wise, it's pretty cool looking!

Anonymous said...

Okay, not for the cats. But do they make it in my size?

Unknown said...

Much as Agatha would love that, there is no way. And no way she's ever going to get one of those hideous carpet-covered cat tree/perch/things. However, I do love some of the new modern, high style cat accessories. Such as, the cat pod:
http://www.hepperhome.com/beds-2.aspx
Someday when I have a spare $150 and I'm under the influence I may buy one. ;)

 

©Copyright 2007-2014 More Ways To Waste Time and Leah Hennen. All Rights Reserved.