Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Etsy Find of the Day: Art & Ghosts


I stumbled upon one of Art & Ghosts' prints on the Etsy homepage today and, curious to see more of her work, clicked through to her shop -- where I was instantly floored.




Art & Ghosts' dreamlike, even hallucinatory, images are a little creepy. And yet while her renderings of strange squirrel-women and other odd creatures in darkly foreboding landscapes are undoubtedly unnerving, they're also utterly riveting. They make me shudder a little -- but in a delicious way.




As the Manchester, England artist -- whose preferred mediums include collage, photomontage, photography, and painting -- says of her work, "Most of what I produce is unbidden and unexpected, a continuous joy (and just as often, a terror!) of unconscious unravelings and adventures in picture form. My influences are tied up with dreams, a fascination with fairytales and mythology, music, symbolism, a love of nature, and an obsession with the impossible."




Each 8-by-10-inch matte archival print is $20 (limited edition prints are $30) right here.



2 comments:

kelly said...

Holy amazing! What a find. I just got goosebumps looking at these prints. Wow. Thanks for sharing this.

Anonymous said...

So magic! Its something scary /beautiful about them! I think I'd never tire of looking at them!
Btw I really like your blog! So much gorgeous finds here!

 

©Copyright 2007-2014 More Ways To Waste Time and Leah Hennen. All Rights Reserved.