Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Cool Stuff: Chris Duncan Calendar at Little Otsu

Can you believe that I still don't have a usable 2009 calendar? There are a million great calendars out there, of course. (Etsy, for instance, has dozens of them.) But we need a calendar we can really use -- for recording dentist appointments, carpool duty, the kids' school holidays, work due dates ... In other words, the kind of calendar we can stick on the fridge and start marking up with our busy, complicated, ever-changing family schedule. (I'm old-school, too, and simply refuse to keep our calendar online or transfer it to a handheld.)

Sadly, I haven't had any luck finding a calendar like that -- well, at least one that doesn't feature month after month of kittens "hanging in there" or New England's covered bridges. But my search did lead me to this awesome two-year calendar by Oakland artist Chris Duncan (see more of his work here).

While it's not a stick-on-the-fridge-and-check-every-morning-to-see-where-the-heck-we're-all-supposed-to-be-today type calendar, it is a gorgeous, year-at-a-glance style planner and two pieces of art rolled into one. It's double-sided, too, so when you sing "Auld Lang Syne" to 2009, simply flip it over for 2010.

Two Years of the Youniverse measures roughly 11 by 15 inches and is just $9 from San Francisco-based print shop Little Otsu. I may just have to snap one up.

Meanwhile, I'm still hunting for that practical refrigerator calendar with an arty edge. Any ideas? Anyone, anyone?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Atomic Ranch has one with spaces for each day to write in. I mentioned it on my blog a few days ago:

http://jillbrowning.blogspot.com/2008/12/wishlist-atomic-ranch-calendar.html

Anonymous said...

Have you seen this one? I loe it, and not just because it's free:


http://www.2jane.com/mibo-free-calendar.aspx

M. E. Coles said...

We love the Mom Agenda calendars. I have the bound agenda for me (Mom) and the Weekly Planner on the fridge. This calendar has simultaneous daily tracking for up to 4 family members so I keep everything on it. SeeJaneWork.com has the Mom Agenda stuff and also Desk Set on Sacramento St. in SF. This year they also have a monthly wall calendar that I ordered for 09.

Anonymous said...

Look for the "Art of Charley Harper 2009 Wall Calendar"

I found mine at a local Audubon site gift shop.

http://www.charleyharperartstudio.com/

 

©Copyright 2007-2014 More Ways To Waste Time and Leah Hennen. All Rights Reserved.