Thursday, April 30, 2009

Etsy Find of the Day: Kate Pugsley

I don't know why (OK, maybe I do: I've lost both of my grandmothers this past year), but I adore Miss Gemelia ($300 from Chicago artist Kate Pugsley) beyond all reason. Plus, I'm so sick of the twee little girl art that's rampant on Etsy. I say, bring on the old lady art.

Still, as far as little girl art goes, I would definitely make an exception for a trio of Pugsley's tongue-in-cheek Paper Bag Head gocco prints ($20 each) in blue, gray, and yellow (above), or for her deadpan Swimmer original cut-paper drawing, $55 (below).

See all of Pugsley's Etsy offerings right here -- and check out more of her work here.


Donna said...

First, love your blog... I'm one of those "ninja lurkers" I visit all the time, but never really note. :)

I had to today... because the g'ma portrait looks just like my "Gram" who passed away many years ago... perhaps it's just that she looks like everyone's G'ma, but it brought a smile to my face.


June rhymes with moon said...

More grandmas (and Nanas, etc.) and less twee girls/ pretty fashion-y girls would do me the world of good. SO tired of pretty-girl art.


BookWormz said...

totally agree! In fact, I actually want to BUY art on ETSY, but since i'm married and my husband would divorce me if I wallpapered our apartment in cutesty pink, balloons and teddy bears, I have a tough time finding art I like! :) Thanks for posting!

shoppingsmycardio said...

huge hurray for the old lady art - i love her style! thanks so much for the intro...though i needed more etsy to covet like a hole in my head. sigh :)


©Copyright 2007-2014 More Ways To Waste Time and Leah Hennen. All Rights Reserved.